Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Spreadsheets in the Classroom

I found many useful web pages referring to the use of spreadsheets in the classroom environment. The first site I visited was "Integrating Spreadsheets in the Classroom". This site contains a vast about of resources about how you can use spreadsheets in the classroom. I have several friends who are teachers who say they use spreadsheets for grading purposes but this site offers much more than that. It provides examples of how students can use spreadsheets to help organize data. Students can use spreadsheets to compare and contrast data. I found many projects on this site that used spreadsheets to help organize their data.

As I mention before I have several friends who are teachers that use spreadsheets to help organize grades. I found a great site here that shows teachers different ways to use spreadsheets as a management tool. Spreadsheets can be used to create grids for checklists, sign in sheets, grade book pages,and maintain a budget. Many of these sites not only showed you example of work that can be done, it also gives you instructions on how to do it.

2 comments:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

Using excel would be great to help students see the correlation between numbers when doing math. You can even use the stats from the NO Saints to help teach students about numbers. :)

JulieAnna Gilbert said...

Marcee, I checked out your site. It looks great!
click here to check out my home page.