Monday, June 4, 2007

Putting ALEX to use...

When I begin teaching, ALEX will be a very useful resource, not only for me as a teacher but for my students as well. My major is Secondary Education with my concentration in Social Sciences. I hope to be able to use the resources available on ALEX to help spark my student’s interest in the world of Social Studies. From the available on-line lesson plans to the variety of web links, I hope to utilize as many of the services available for my use.

One resource that would be very useful is the on-line lesson plans that are available. Since lesson plans that are submitted to ALEX are written by teachers here in the State of Alabama most follow the state Course of Study standards. This will allow me to follow state guidelines for what I am expected to teach my students through out the year. The personal workspace will come in handy to help me write and save lesson plans online. Also, with their Create Your Own Web page feature that is coming soon, I will be able to create a page for my classes where my students can access information about our class such as homework assignments or test dates. My students will be able to use ALEX to access useful web links that could help them with their class projects, homework and term papers. ALEX also has links that my students could use to access online interactive activities.

As I continue my studies in secondary education, I hope to explore ALEX more and learn about how I can utilize these services in my professional teaching career.

2 comments:

John Hadley Strange said...

Nicely done!

Jennifer Schwartz said...

As I student, I think being able to do different things to learn would enhance the amount I learn and make my experience so much better. I think students state wide of going to benefit from ALEX and the things you mentioned.